It has been an unprecedented few days, providing many challenges to our community. The OVC Health Sciences Centre is taking precautions to protect our staff, graduate students and clients from exposure to the COVID-19 virus and steps to manage our resources.
The University of Guelph has suspended classes and advised employees that are able to work from home remotely to do so, however, the OVC Health Sciences centre remains open for emergency referrals only until further notice.
Protocols for emergency referrals to OVC HSC:
- All pet owners must be referred by their family veterinarian. Referral forms can be found on our website https://www.ovchsc.ca/referringveterinarianinformation/referral-forms/
- OVC HSC clinicians will be triaging requests for emergency referrals and requests for telephone consultations with clients and veterinarians. The team will assess every request and provide direction based on the problem and available resources.
- Telehealth services: We will be implementing a telehealth platform shortly we can provide consultations for our patients as safely as possible. If this is a potential option for your pets condition we will contact you.
- Everyone has a role to help in this complex time. Please do not bring your pet to the OVC HSC without prior approval so we can ensure they can be cared for safely.
- In an effort to promote social distancing, we ask those arriving for an appointment to park, come in to reception to register then return to your vehicle. We will call you when the clinician is ready for your appointment.
We acknowledge that this situation is extremely difficult and we thank you for your support. We are doing our best to keep our clients and our teams safe and healthy and continue to provide urgent care to the four-legged members of our families.