Join us at the Health Sciences Centre
The Health Sciences Centre at the Ontario Veterinary College features the state-of-the art Mona Campbell Centre for Animal Cancer offering advanced tools for cancer diagnosis, treatment and teaching and research. It is the first centre of its kind and Canada’s most comprehensive animal cancer treatment and research centre.
Using a team based approach, our many dedicated and specialized veterinary professionals and technical staff are equipped to provide leading edge animal care using extensive and advanced diagnostic and treatment capabilities.
OVC’s clinicians and specialists have expertise in surgical, radiation and medical oncology and have access to cutting-edge diagnostics and therapeutic approaches, including the Varian Clinac iX linear accelerator — the only one of its kind in veterinary use in Canada. Linac.jpg
Our clinicians’ work includes a focus on cancers that are common in both animals and humans such as lymphoma, osteosarcoma, skin cancer, mammary tumours, and oral tumours.
They have access to the full diagnostic and clinical services available through the OVC Health Sciences Centre, including:
- Clinical counselling
- Clinical nutrition service
- Companion animal internal medicine service offering routine and specialized blood tests, bone marrow evaluation, rhinoscopy, bronchoscopy, gastroduodenoscopy, colonoscopy, and cystoscopy
- Diagnostic Imaging service offers radiography, ultrasound, CT-scans, MRI and nuclear medicine;
- Emergency and Critical Care Service offering state-of-the-art intensive care
- On-site pharmacy
- Reproduction services
- Rehabilitation service
- Companion Animal Surgery service with a full range of soft tissue and orthopedic surgical procedures including the areas of neurosurgery, abdominal and thoracic surgery, cardiovascular and oncologic surgery, and reconstructive surgery. Specialized techniques offered by this service include minimally invasive endoscopic surgery, laser procedures and total hip replacement.
The Ontario Veterinary College is located in Guelph, Ontario, just 45 minutes from Toronto. One of Canada’s fastest growing cities, Guelph is a vibrant community of 120,000 with just the right balance of city life and small-town friendliness.