The Anesthesiology Service consists of specialized personnel, who are dedicated exclusively to the safe and expert delivery of anesthetic drugs to hospital patients. Large and small animals of varying health conditions are evaluated on an individual basis and each anesthetic protocol is tailored to meet their needs, while monitoring and support of vital functions is constantly performed using the most current and advanced equipment.
Clinicians certified by the American College of Veterinary Anesthesiologists, oversee residents and staff with every case and together provide the highest quality care.
In our referral hospital, we provide
- General anesthesia with inhalational (gas) and/or intravenous techniques for all categories of patients, from healthy to the most critical ones.
- Analgesia with a variety of techniques and modalities of administration.
- Monitoring with the latest equipment and modalities.
- Emergency and consultation advice for practitioners within the referral area.
- Multiparameter and single monitors for evaluation of direct and indirect arterial blood pressure, central venous pressure, cardiac output, end-tidal inhalant gases, capnography, electrocardiogram (ECG), pulse oximetry, and temperature.
- Anesthetic machines with mechanical ventilators.
- Blood gases.
- Nerve stimulator/locator for assessment of muscle relaxation and local anesthetic infiltration.
- Horse induction and recovery stalls.
- Assisted equine recovery stall.
- Equine tilt table.